Winter Flame Earrings or Pendant
Class Length: 3 hours
Learn to make these flame shaped designs capturing the warmth of and beauty of the heart of
a candle flame. Stitched using semi-freeform peyote working loosely off a core design.
I developed this design during a rare three-day snowstorm, alternately calling them Winter Flame or
FlameHearts because the color sequence called to mind the heart of the flame and the larger design (like
the pendant), the more heart shaped it becomes.
Use this pattern to create a pendant, pair of earrings, or components for a larger design.
Skills and Skill Levels required for class
Suitable for all levels. Some experience working with seed beads helpful.
- Pencil or pen for notetaking
- Beading needle (I prefer the John James sharps, size 11 or 12)
- Beading thread such as Silamide, Superlon AA in coordinating or contrasting colors
- Small, sharp embroidery scissors
- Bead mat or tray to hold beads
- Needle nose pliers to pull thread through tight bead holes
- Beeswax for coating thread
Bead and Materials (small amounts of each - you don't have to have all the colors):
- Dark Blue Centers: Cobalt blue matte size 6s
- Cobalt blue transparent, size 11 (purple)
- Fuchsia lined transparent blue, size 11 (purple)
- Deep lilac lined purple, size 11 ()
- Translucent red, size 11
- Hot pink lined transparent clear, size 11
- Translucent orange, size 11
- Optional: a couple of larger beads, size 6s, crystals, glass, etc for the bale
- Optional: ear wires if you plan to make earrings
Kits and Supplies
Beadkits may be available for purchase. Contact instructor beforehand to verify.